Sunday, April 09, 2006

Co-Pay Worries

I am very worried about someone & pray for her daily.

A very close friend of mine has been ill with cancer. She works as a secretary at a large federal agency. She has good health insurance; the government pays 60% of the premium costs.

She takes three treatments each week. The co-pay for each one is $40.00; weekly cost $120.00.

Her income as a secretary is modest. Until my family took her with us a few years ago, she and her son had never had a nice vacation. Money is a constant worry; she drives an old car and lives in a small house. $120.00 per week is a large sum to her, and much larger percentage of her income than it would be for most people.

I worry about her. I hope and pray she will keep up with her treatments. I hope she remains able to work.

We so need a national system to take care of people like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home